Sunday, October 30, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Here are some spooky cupcakes to put everyone in the mood for the big event! 

Devil's food cupcakes with vanilla buttercream
and semisweet chocolate
I got the idea for these cool Halloween toppers from the blog I Am Baker.  I made these cupcakes for dessert last night and even though the kids ate about 2 bites of their pasta (I am probably exaggerating - I bet it was more like 1 bite), they somehow managed to find room for a cupcake.  :)

To make the toppers, sketch out some drawings on a white piece of paper with a Sharpie marker.  Then place a piece of parchment paper on top.  (I put the paper on my toaster oven baking sheet so I can easily slip the whole thing right into the freezer.)

Melt some chocolate chips and put in a pastry bag (or use a ziploc bag with a small hole snipped in the corner).  Pipe out the chocolate over the design. 

Then just pop the sheet into the freezer for a few minutes so the chocolate can harden.

When they are solid, peel your design off the parchment and place on top of your frosted cupcake!  So cute!


A little 6-inch cake for my friend, Sue!
Happy Halloween!!
One of my little ninja turtles at Zoo Boo this morning!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment